This guide is designed to further explain the relationship between Teams, User Accounts, and Roles while also walking you through, step by step, how to create teams and user accounts in FieldPulse.
FieldPulse is structured to scale with your business, and as companies grow, they typically group into multiple teams under different managers. Because of this FieldPulse requires that your team members be structured into teams, even if it’s just 1 team. At least 1 team is required. Each team has designated ‘Team Managers’ and ‘Team Members’ for assigning work or being assigned work, and user accounts can be Team Manager and Team Member of multiple teams.
Team Managers can create and assign work to Team Members and view all of their scheduled work. However, only certain User Accounts can be designated as a Team Manager depending on their role. Only Manager (or Admin) role can be designated as a Team Manager.
Team Members can be assigned work as part of the team. Unlike Team Managers, any user/role can be designated as a Team Member of a Team, including Team Managers. The roles include Admin/Manager, Service Agent, Subcontractor, and Assignment role.
User Accounts created by the company admin are required in order to login and use FieldPulse. Only the company administrators have the ability to create new user accounts for the company. User accounts use the individual’s email address as their login ID, and a password can either be created by the admin or created by the user after creation. Each user account requires a designated role, which include Manager, Service Agent, Subcontractor, and Assignment Role. The different roles provide different levels of access to the application and company data (click here to learn more about the roles and their abilities).
Here is a step by step guide on how to create new teams in FieldPulse. By default, your company is automatically setup with a team called ‘Default Team’ but it can be renamed and modified as necessary.
1) Select the ‘Administration’ option from the menu and then select the ‘Teams’ tab
2) Click the Green Action Button to open a new team form
3) Enter a Team Name, select the designated Team Managers and Team Members, and click ‘Submit’ to create the new team
Note, all managers and all team members are selected by default.
Creating User Accounts
Here is a step by step guide on how to create new user accounts in FieldPulse. By default, your primary account that created the company is a Manager role with Admin designation that is assigned as both a Team Manager and Team Member of the team called ‘Default Team.’
1) Select the ‘Administration’ option from the menu and then select the ‘User Accounts’ tab
2) Click the Green Action Button to open a new User Account form
3) Fill out the Basic Information fields of the new user account
The red asterisk * designates a required field. Leaving the ‘Set Password’ field blank will automatically send a password reset request for the new user to their email address.
4) Open the ‘Role’ selector field and select the role for this new user
Click here to learn about the different roles. In this example, we’ll be selecting the ‘Manager’ role.
5) Select which teams the user should be designated as manager and/or team member of
By default, they are added as Manager and Team Member of every team. Note that if a manager of a team also requires the ability to be assigned work, they should also be designated as a team member of that team.
In this example, the user will be designated as both manager and team member of ‘Team B’ so that he can create/assign jobs for Team B as well as be assigned jobs for Team B.
6) Once the new user account is ready, click ‘Submit’ to save the new account and an automatic ‘Welcome Email’ will be sent to the email address for this new user
The new user can now access FieldPulse (unless designated as ‘Assignment Role’) and you can now begin assigning them jobs and subtasks.